These fall tissue paper suncatchers are fun and easy fall activities for children. They’ll enjoy making a leaf, apple, acorn, and pumpkin!
It’s a great fine motor activity for preschool and kindergarten children, and simple enough for older children to create with minimal assistance.
Fall Suncatchers With Printable Template
Looking for cute fall decorations your kids can make? I love how easy it is to make these and they look so pretty as the sun shines through them in the window.
These fall tissue paper suncatchers are great low prep projects for kids to make at home or at school. They go perfectly with these Fall alphabet activities, which offer coloring and writing practice.
There are four different printable templates: leaf, apple, acorn, and pumpkin.
After creating an apple suncatcher, you can learn about the parts of an apple with our printable craft activity packet.
Doing this project goes along perfectly with reading these fall picture books, too.
I love that the pumpkin suncatcher works as a fall or Halloween craft! It’s easy to turn it into a jack-o-lantern by adding a face with marker or black construction paper.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, we earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Fall Suncatchers Craft Supplies:
- Printable Fall Craft Templates (available by filling out the form near the end of the post)
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Scotch(R) Removable Wall Mounting Tabs (optional)
How to Make Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers:
First you will need to download and print out our printable fall craft templates.
I recommend using regular printer paper for this project as the light will shine through it much easier than a heavier weight paper like cardstock.
Next you will need to cut various colors of tissue paper into small one inch squares. For a faster and easier project, you can buy pre-cut tissue paper squares!
Another option is to have younger children rip the tissue paper into smaller pieces and have older children cut their own.
Then it is time to start gluing! Use liquid glue or glue sticks to cover the entire shape with tissue paper. It’s okay if the tissue paper overlaps or goes over the edges.
For the stems, you can either cover them with tissue paper or color them in with markers. These Crayola Super Tips markers worked perfectly.
Set the suncatchers aside to dry. (Great time to read a book together or go on a nature walk!)
Once the glue is dry, cut out the template.
Now you have pretty fall faux stained glass suncatchers made with tissue paper. Hang them in the window and enjoy! Use these removable mounting tabs to make it super easy to display them.
More Fall Activities for Kids:
- Coffee Filter Bats
- Coffee Filter Turkeys
- Popsicle Stick Apple Craft
- Printable Pumpkin Size Sorting Activity
- Printable Fall 1-10 Counting Mats
- Fall Activities for Toddlers
More Suncatcher Crafts:
- Fall suncatcher templates (acorn, pumpkin, apple, and leaf)
- Tissue paper
- Fill out the form in the post to receive the free printable fall craft templates.
- Print them out on regular printer paper (easier for the light to shine through).
- Cut a variety of colors of tissue paper into small one inch squares.
- Glue tissue paper onto the templates, covering the entire shape. It’s okay if the tissue paper overlaps or goes over the edges.
- For the stems, you can either cover them with tissue paper or color them in with fine tip markers.
- Set the suncatchers aside to dry.
- Once the glue is dry, cut out the template.
- Hang them in the window and enjoy!
Drying time will vary based on type and amount of glue used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.