Indoor Activities For Kids like the ones listed below are perfect for those rainy days of spring and summer!
Kids get bored just sitting inside all day long, so having some great crafts on hand to keep them entertained is a must.
This list includes tons of simple and fun ideas for a variety of ages. If you have littler ones, you may want to check out our list of 21 Indoor Activities to Occupy Your Busy Toddler.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, we earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Rainy Day Indoor Activities For Kids
If you don’t have your craft supplies updated, I highly recommend grabbing a tote and filling it up with some must have craft supplies.
I especially like having stuff on hand for these indoor activities for kids. Things like construction paper, felt, craft foam, googly eyes, hot glue and glue gun, markers, glitter, pom poms, pipe cleaners, and washi tape are all things I have on hand at all times!
As you can see, we love crafting with the kids. There are tons of great indoor activities in this list for kids to do.
We also enjoy other hands on learning activities like these science activities and experiments.
- Coffee Filter Rainbow
- DIY Frozen Snowflake Sensory Bottle
- Make Galaxy Oobleck
- Fairy Wand Craft
- Frog Paper Bag Puppet
- Unicorn Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- Wonder Woman Paper Bag Puppet Craft
- DIY Ocean Animals Pop Up Book for Kids
- Handprint Chicken Paper Plate Craft
- How To Make A Seashell Bird Feeder
- How To Make Soda Bottle Blossoms
- Bouncing Playdough Recipe
- Fun DIY Kaleidoscope Kids Craft
- Button Towers
- Unicorn Sensory Bin with Pink Oobleck
- 5 Board Games for Stir Crazy Kids
- Printable Fairy Tale Themed Activity Packet
- Liquid Chalk Marker Window Drawing Activity
- Dollar Tree Alien Craft from You Brew My Tea
- Unicorn Fine Motor Craft from Fun Handprint Art
- Duct Tape Pen Holder from Family Fun Journal
- Duct Tape Pen Pouches from Typically Simple
- Velcro Dot Craft Sticks from Powerful Mothering
- Itsy Bitsy Spider Handprint Craft from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Make A Sunflower Craft Using Noodles from Crafty Morning
- Apple Pie Spice Playdough from Midwest Modern Momma
- Stitched Handprint Art from This Girl’s Life
- DIY Hand Painted Rock Garden Markers from A Cultivated Nest
- Decoupage Soccer Frame from Gym Craft Laundry
- Rainy Day Finding Dory Craft from Gym Craft Laundry
- Colored Pasta & Clay Craft from Artsy Momma
- How To Make Dinosaur Feet from Spaceships & Laser Beams
- 3D Paper Star Craft from Daily DIY Life
Whether you have just a few minutes for a simple craft, or a few hours to create multiple fun ideas, this list has something for everyone.
Your children will love that you have spent extra time with them, and you’ll love how easily these craft ideas come together as a fun way to spend an afternoon with your family!
Tuesday 10th of November 2020
I find it hard to find the game or printable that I’m looking for. I’m trying to find the Disney Pictionary game and there are so many links but it’s not clear how to get to the one I want . I have had this problem before. I just wish there was a link for each game that was easy to follow and find the game in a click or so.
Tuesday 10th of November 2020
I'm sorry you were not able to find the Disney Pictionary printable easily. I am working on getting those organized so it is easier to find. You may also send me an email if you aren't finding something - I'm happy to help! Here is the post with the Disney Pictionary printable clues: https://www.darcyandbrian.com/printable-disney-themed-pictionary-game-for-kids/
Monday 29th of May 2017
This is such a great list for some summer fun on rainy days. We are including this post in our Features at the new Merry Monday party. So glad you share with us.
Tuesday 30th of May 2017
113 Games & Activities for Kids & Merry Monday Link Party #156 - Intelligent Domestications
Sunday 28th of May 2017
[…] 25 Indoor Activities for Rainy Days @Darcy and Brian […]