These creepy monster eyes tea lights are quick Halloween crafts for adults to make using battery operated tea lights .
Add them to your Halloween party food table to bring just the right amount of creepy to your decor without being too scary. This makes them perfect for adult or kid Halloween parties.
Every year, I add to our decoration collection. I love finding cheap Halloween decoration ideas, don’t you? They allow me to stretch my budget while being creative.
For another monster craft idea, check out our Popsicle Stick Monster Bookmarks.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, we earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Monster Eyeball DIY Halloween Decoration
The big question is, when should I start decorating for Halloween?
While it’s popular for people to decorate during the first two weeks of October, many people begin decorating in September.
When to put up Halloween decorations is truly up to you. If you love Halloween, go ahead and get started in September.
If you enjoy creating homemade decorations, then you may want to gather up Halloween craft supplies and start crafting and decorating earlier than other people, and that is okay!
One of the things I love about these eyeball lights is they are super quick and easy. Even if you procrastinate, you can make a dozen monster eye votives in about 15 minutes.
If you want, you could get the kids involved in this project by having them wrap the tea light candles in washi tape. I recommend adults or teens be in charge of cutting the plastic eyeballs though.
These Monster Eye Lights also work as a fun gift or party favor!
Monster Eye Tea Light Craft Supplies
- Battery Operated Tea Light Candles
- Plastic Eyeballs Ping Pong Balls – blue and red
- Halloween Washi Tape
- Craft Knife
How to Make Monster Eye Tea Light Halloween Craft Decorations
After removing the eye ping pong balls from the package, turn them over and look for the small hole at the bottom center.
Using your craft knife (pointed AWAY from you – safety first!), carefully insert the blade into the bottom of the hard plastic ping pong ball four times to create an X or criss cross shape.
Next, line up the hole in the ping pong ball eyeball with the plastic flame of the tea light.
Push the ping pong ball onto the plastic flame until it reaches the base.
Lastly, decorate the flameless tea light by wrapping the base with Halloween themed washi tape.
With just a few items and a little bit of time, you've created an affordable decoration perfect for Halloween. Place these lights on shelves, window sills, or your party table to add a bit of creepy ambiance.
More Halloween Party Ideas:
- 20 Awesome Witch Crafts
- 20 Spooky Cookies and Halloween Food Ideas
- Best Halloween Games for Kids
- Maleficent Party Printables
- Jack Skellington Pillow Box Printables
- 10 Allergy Friendly Halloween Treats
Printable Monster Eye Light DIY Halloween Craft Instructions
- Craft Knife
- Removing the eye ping pong balls from package and look for the small hole at the bottom center.
- Using your craft knife (pointed AWAY from you - safety first!), carefully insert the blade into the bottom of the hard plastic ping pong ball four times creating a cross shape.
- Next, line up the hole in the ping pong ball eyeball with the plastic flame of the tea light.
- Push the ping pong ball onto the plastic flame until it reaches the base.
- Decorate the battery operated tea light by wrapping the base with Halloween themed washi tape.
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.