Use this Thanksgiving craft tutorial to make an adorable turkey treat box.
This is a great project to do with kids at home or in the classroom. It is easy to make and takes less than 15 minutes!
Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner for your family or looking for a nice hostess gift to bring along? ‘Tis the season for treats, food, and cute crafts!
Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Treat Box Craft
These handprint turkey treat boxes are perfect for preschoolers and kids of all ages to make for friends and family.
It's a cute way to gift some sweets and could also be used as place cards at your Thanksgiving table.
DIY Turkey Treat Box Craft Supplies
- Card stock
Turkey Treat Box Directions:
Select some papers that you would like to use, get a child to spare a hand. Literally. You will need to trace a hand ;) Scissors, glue, and a ruler or paper cutter would be helpful.
My box is 6 inches x 6 inches but you can use any measurement as long as it is square.
Cut your square.
Fold into equal thirds.
Cut at two opposite sides on the folded lines just to the middle lines as shown.
Fold each opposite cut flaps and tape or glue onto the middle flap creating your box.
You will now need your borrowed hand. I traced my giant baby's hand on a scrap paper while he was sleeping as not to create a major drama.
Since I was making a small box I used a small hand. You will need a bigger box for bigger hands so the proportions are adequate.
Next trace your cut out original hand onto a nicer piece of paper if you used a scrap paper.
I also used the scrap paper from the hand for the Turkey head and scraps for the eyes, beak, and snood.
Once your box is complete and Turkey face and feathers are glued on the box, you can now fill it with treats! I used my Pumpkin Fudge.
This turkey treat box craft tutorial was provided by our contributor, Zene.
More Thanksgiving Ideas:
- Printable Gratitude Game
- Thanksgiving Printables for Kids
- Thanksgiving Menu Ideas
- Savory Stuffing Recipes
- Card stock
- Select at least two different cardstock papers that you would like to use - one for the box and one for the turkey's head and feathers.
- For a small box, measure out 6 inches x 6 inches but you can use any measurement as long as it is square.
- Cut out your square and fold the paper into equal thirds.
- Cut at two opposite sides on the folded lines just to the middle lines as shown.
- Fold each opposite cut flaps and tape or glue onto the middle flap creating your box.
- Trace hand on other color/pattern cardstock and cut it out. Glue it to the back of the box to make the feathers.
- Since I was making a small box I used a small hand. You will need a bigger box for bigger hands so the proportions are adequate.
- Cut out a circle from the same color/pattern cardstock as the hand feathers. Glue the circle head to the front of the box.
- Cut out and glue on the eyes, beak, and snood.