This Disney themed charades for kids printable game is easy to set up and a fun family activity.
The charades game is such a classic and I love how easy it is to adapt for different ages and themes. I remember playing it as a kid at birthday parties and even at school.
Want more printable games? Check out one of these:
- Disney Themed Pictionary Word List
- Disney Would You Rather? question cards
- Disney Themed Christmas Gift Exchange Game
- Gratitude Game
- Human Body Bingo Cards
How to Play Disney Charades Game
Charades for kids is an excellent way to use their creativity and it is a super simple party game that can be played almost anywhere.
Rules for playing charades
The main rule of charades is no talking.
One person selects a card or slip of paper, secretly reading their clue. Then they must act it out using gestures. Sometimes people use hand motion symbols to give additional clues such as the category or how many words in a phrase.
Generally players split up into two teams. One member of the team acts out the clue while the rest of the team tries to guess the answer.
You can adapt the game for fewer players. For example, everyone can take turns acting out the prompt while the rest of the family makes guesses. This works well for smaller families or when the kids want to play together on their own.
You can choose whether or not to keep score. When playing with teams, the team scores a point when guessing correctly. If not using teams, the individual person who guessed right earns the point.
There is usually a time limit of 2-3 minutes, but again you may adjust that as needed.
What you need to play charades
The main item you need (besides players) are clues!
You can easily make your own version of Disney Charades using prompts from your family’s favorite movies and characters and writing them on slips of paper.
To save you some time, we have a printable charades word list with over 50 clues using Disney movie titles and actions that you can print out at home available at the bottom of this post.
Other helpful items:
- Laminator – print and laminate the clues before clipping so they last longer
- Sand timer
- Small dry erase board for scores
- Hole punch and book rings – take the game on the go!
50 Disney Themed Charades Ideas Word List
Disney movie titles are easy charades ideas because kids are familiar with many of the movies and their characters. It also provides them a lot of freedom in how to act out the clues.
The action clues are inspired by the movies and some are clearly acting out part of a scene. Those prompts may provide a little more challenge.
You and your family can decide what answers will be accepted, especially since some may have more than one correct answer, or how specific you must be to give right answer.
Here is a list of charades clues based on Disney movies and Disney characters:
- Princess and the Frog
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid
- Mary Poppins
- Alice in Wonderland
- 101 Dalmatians
- The Jungle Book
- Beauty and the Beast
- Finding Nemo
- Robin Hood
- Toy Story
- Lilo & Stitch
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Watching a Disney movie
- Roar like a lion
- Losing your glass slipper
- Flying with an umbrella
- Flying on a magic carpet
- Ka-Chow or driving a race car
- Rubbing a lamp
- Brushing really long hair
- Flying with big ears
- Walking 101 dalmatians
- Sharing a long spaghetti noodle
- Swinging from a vine
- Seeing your mom as a bear
- Eating a poison apple
- Pricking your finger
- Watching your nose grow long
- Following a talking rabbit
- Scaring a sleeping child
- Walking with legs for the first time
- Hearing the clock strike midnight
- Trying to catch your shadow
- Pulling a sword from a stone
- Sleeping in a sea anemone
- Seeing your father in a magic mirror
More Charades Games:
Get the Disney Themed Charades for Kids Printable
Click to download and save this printable Disney theme charades for kids.
Print it out at home, cut out the clues you want to use, and have fun!
This printable charades game is for your personal use or your classroom use only.
Share this post with a friend or teacher who’d love to play this game and download their own copy.
More Kids Activities You May Enjoy:
- 10 Family Board Games You Can Play in 20 Minutes
- Toy Story 4 Coloring Pages
- 11 Cute Toy Story Crafts
- 15 Disney Themed Craft Ideas for Kids
- Fairy Tale Printable Activity Book for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Superhero Activities for Kids
Did you enjoy doing this activity with your kids or students?