Make this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe for an easy side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s just the right amount of tart and sweet to compliment the turkey and other classic holiday flavors.
If you love the taste of cranberry sauce made on the stove top, but don’t love standing there, you have to try this recipe. I love how quick it is to make in a pressure cooker.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, we earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
I know there’s a great divide when it comes to serving cranberry sauce during the holidays between the canned jellied stuff and made from scratch.
I’m definitely on team cranberry sauce made at home.
Maybe it’s because I grew up in an area with lots of cranberry bogs, but there’s something about fresh cranberry sauce that delights my taste buds.
In the past, I’ve made my own on the stove. However, my love affair with my Instant Pot has me finding more reasons to cook with it. I love easy recipes and this is definitely easy to make!
You can make this cranberry sauce in your pressure cooker a few days ahead of time. It can be stored in the fridge for 10 to 14 days.
For the best taste, use the frozen cranberry sauce within a few months of making it. To defrost frozen cranberry sauce, leave it in the fridge overnight.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
This recipe yields 4-5 servings as a side dish.
How to Make Cranberry Sauce in the Instant Pot
In a large bowl, zest both oranges and then juice each one. Add honey to the bowl of orange juice and zest and mix together.
Pour the orange and honey mixture into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add the cranberries then the granulated sugar. Top it off with a cinnamon stick.
Close the Instant Pot lid and set on manual high pressure for 2 minutes. Once time is up, allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release (NPR).
Remove the lid and set to the sauté function. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Before serving, remove the cinnamon stick. Scoop cranberry sauce into a bowl. Depending on your preference, serve it warm, room temperature, or chilled and enjoy!
Cranberry Sauce Serving Suggestions:
- On the side for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner
- Over turkey
- Mix with mayo for a delicious spread on a turkey sandwich
- Use it as an ice cream topping
- 2 large oranges
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a large bowl, zest both oranges and then juice each one.
- Add honey to the bowl of orange juice and zest and mix together.
- Pour the orange and honey mixture into the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Add the cranberries then the granulated sugar.
- Top it off with a cinnamon stick.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set on manual high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once time is up, allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release (NPR).
- Remove the lid and set to the sauté function. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and scoop cranberry sauce into a serving bowl.
The amount of time it takes to come to pressure may vary.
Store cranberry sauce in the refrigerator for up to 10-14 days or freeze leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 4gSugar: 59gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate and may vary based on ingredients and measurements used.
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.