One of the things I struggle most with when watching my weight is staying away from the pasta. I love pasta of all sorts but one of my favorite ways to enjoy pasta is with rich, creamy sauces. The richer and creamier the sauce, the more the dish calls to me. Of course, pasta dishes loaded with heavy cream are not the best thing to choose when you are trying to watch your weight. This Light Lemon Pasta dish uses a low fat, creamy lemon sauce instead of the traditional heavy cream that pasta dishes often call for. This is a pasta dish that I can enjoy even while watching my weight.
Light Lemon Pasta
- 8 oz of Farfelle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 2/3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley or fresh if you have it
- Cook the pasta according to directions and set it to the side.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add the water and heat for one minute.
- Remove the pot from heat.
- Stir in the beaten egg and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta and the lemon juice and zest and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with dried or fresh parsley.
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.