I love cake and I love cookies. My daughter likes them too but makes less of a mess when eating cookies.
Over the weekend I needed a recipe to make something sweet to take along for a get together. I decided only a few hours beforehand that I wanted to make something. So, I checked my cupboards then hopped on Pinterest. I found a recipe I wanted to try with the ingredients I had on hand.
Bonus – it was something Rissa could help make. There were only 4 ingredients so she got to help mix and pour.
Unreal Cake Cookie Bars
White cake mix (it’s all I had but I think most kinds would work)
5 TBS butter
About 2 cups Unreal candies (or an candy coated chocolates like M&Ms)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter, crack open the eggs and mix up the batter (everything but the candies). Once that is mixed well stir in the candy.
- Grease a rectangle cake pan (9×13) and spread batter out. Don’t worry if it seems too thin. I thought I did something wrong but it turned out.
- Bake for 20 mins at 350. Let cool before cutting.
- Eat one before they are gone!
These did not last long! I barely saved a few for pictures. It’s amazing how cookie like it tastes. The Unreal candies (which I get at Target) were delicious and slightly melty (since we ate them warm). I did mix in a few M&Ms just to use them up. Love that Unreal candy doesn’t use high fructose corn syrup.
I think these bars have started a new obsession. Now I want to try different flavor combinations and see if I can tweak the butter and eggs. They were awesome the first day, but were a little dry the day after. (Well the few that were left I forgot to wrap up.)