Some of my fondest holiday memories revolve around making homemade Christmas ornament crafts with my mom.
She was a total DIY ornament whiz and totally would have been a Pinterest mom if it existed back then.
She was talented. I'm not sure where she came up with all of her crafty ideas, especially since there was no Pinterest or internet to search.
We would make Christmas ornament sets together. They were perfect homemade gifts! They were made with plastic canvas and yarn, pipe cleaners and beads, or a combination of all of those.
This year, I wanted to make DIY Christmas ornaments with my daughter.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, we earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
One year my mom and I decorated Christmas bulb ornaments.
We used puffy paints, glitter, etc. She made beautiful designs while mine were most definitely child-like creations. But it was fun.
I did my best to provide a variety of materials and encouraged my daughter to get creative with filling and decorating clear glass ball Christmas ornaments.
I found swirling paint inside of clear bulbs to be harder than it looked. Same with inserting photos, but overall it was fun and memories were made!
Next year I want to try some new ideas like the ones below!
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Coffee Filter Reindeer from Darcy & Brian
- Reindeer Clay Pot Bell Ornament from Darcy & Brian
- Christmas Tree Clay Pot Ornament from Darcy & Brian
- Coffee Filter Angels from Darcy & Brian
- Coffee Filter Santas from Darcy & Brian
- Deer Head Christmas Ornament from Uncommon Designs Online
- Mini Stocking Ornament with Free Pattern from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
- Handmade Snowball Ornament from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Embroidery Hoop Ornament from Delineate Your Dwelling
- Burned Wood Christmas Ornaments from Uncommon Designs Online
- Ugly Sweater Ornaments from Crafts by Amanda
- 3-D Vintage Sheet Music Ornaments from An Oregon Cottage
- Brightly Painted Christmas Ornaments from Delineate Your Dwelling
- Crochet Snowflake Christmas Ornaments from Dream a Little Bigger
- Jumbo Vintage Snowman Ornament from Crafts by Amanda
- Fabric Angel Christmas Ornament from Uncommon Designs Online
- Glittering Snowflake Ornament from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Crate & Barrel Inspired Glittered Cork Ornaments from An Oregon Cottage
- Christmas Tree Light Bulb Ornament from Crafts by Amanda
- Bell Jar Christmas Ornament Tutorial from Uncommon Designs Online
- DIY Felt Ornaments from Delineate Your Dwelling
- German Glass Glitter Christmas Ornaments from Dream a Little Bigger
- Jingle Bell Snowflake Ornaments from Crazy Little Projects
- Rustic North Woods Ornaments from Crafts by Amanda
Which DIY Christmas ornaments do you want to make?
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.