In no particular order…
- I have eaten at least 15 pounds of peanut butter throughout my pregnancy. How do I know this? Because we've been buying the big ol' Costco sized Skippy jars. You get 2 jars that are 3 pounds each. I opened number 6 a few days ago.
- My belly feels funny when babygirl has the hiccups
- Babygirl is practice breathing, which can give her the hiccups
- There really is no denying that there is a creature living inside my belly. It moves and grows… and is hard to miss
- People really do lose their good sense filter when they see a preggo belly. I've heard some of the strangest things come out of people's mouths that make me say to myself Did they even THINK before opening their yap just now?
- People in general are impolite – even to pregnant women. I may not be helpless, but I'd still appreciate a door held open now and again or even not being cut off with your shopping cart near missing my baby bump.
- I no longer look fat – complete strangers are able to correctly identify that I'm pregnant
- Being sick while pregnant is horrible – coughing and sneezing are the worst when you have a large belly full o' baby
- The perfectly round preggo belly is a myth
- Being a larger, curvier woman pre-pregnancy doesn't mean stretch marks will be avoided
- All preggo bellies are not hairless and smooth like the pictures. Especially if hormones are adding extra hair… belly doesn't escape
- Belly buttons are very weird. They may stay indented. They may pop out completely. Or, they might be like mine and practically flatten with just the top starting to stick out. It feels very weird to the touch. Very weird.
- Defending parenting ideas and choices starts before the child is even born
- Places you may not know exist on your body will ache without any real explanation as to how or why
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.