I don't know how or why, but time slips away from me easily these days. This often leaves me wondering how it's lunch or snack time already and what can I serve my toddler fast to avoid a meltdown. I also need to snack between meals to keep my own energy and blood sugar levels even. Being pregnant, snacks can be how I eat throughout the whole day sometimes! I try to pair a protein with the carbs, but the following healthy snacks are the ones that work the best in our house.
Sure, we indulge in cookies and other not-so-healthy snacks at times, but most of the time I want my daughter munching on something with nutritional value!
Quick & Easy Healthy Snacks
- Apples and peanut butter (I zap the PB in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to get it melty for good dipping)
- Popcorn and a cheese stick (Watch out for husks for little ones. I also tend to go with regular cheese sticks – not string cheese for my toddler who's under 2)
- Ants on a log – celery with peanut butter and raisins
- Fruit & Greek yogurt – whatever fruit they like mixed in!
- Snikiddy Snacks – Any kind… you'll see why below!
Here my daughter is having leftover cheeseburger pie, strawberries and Snikiddy Cheddar Cheese Baked Fries. She loves them!
My daughter and I both like chips, but they aren't very nutritious. So, I was very curious to try Snikiddy's products to see if they were healthy and delicious. We received one bag of each type of snack they make:
· Cheese Puffs: All-Natural Cheese Puffs are baked with real cheese and corn and contain 50% less fat than potato chips. They are gluten and wheat free, without the drawbacks of other puff snacks: No artificial colors or preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, hydrogenated oils, or cholesterol.
Available in these flavors: Grilled Cheese Puffs and Mac n’ Cheese Puffs
· Baked Fries: All-Natural Baked Fries are made with real potatoes, corn, and cheese and contain 50% less fat than regular potato chips. These snacks are gluten and wheat free, and free of artificial colors or preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, hydrogenated oils, or cholesterol. They are baked in a nut-free facility.
Available in these flavors: Sea Salt, Cheddar Cheese, Original Seasoning, Bold Buffalo, Southwest Cheddar, Barbeque and Classic Ketchup.
· Eat Your Vegetables™: Eat Your Vegetables™ are made with a unique blend including sweet potatoes, carrots, and navy beans. These snacks offer an excellent source of Vitamin A and more fiber and protein than most other snack products. And of course, these are also gluten and wheat free, cholesterol free, and free of trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils and preservatives.
Available in these flavors: Sea Salt, Sour Cream & Onion, Jalapeño Ranch
At first Rissa's favorite was the baked fries because she loves french fries, but now she favors the cheese puffs (as do I). The baked fries remind me of the Andy fries snack I loved as a kid. And I get cravings for salty and crunchy snacks… cheese balls often call my name so these puffs take out the guilt factor. Oh and being able to get veggies through “chips?” Yes please! (Dip 'em in hummus.. yum!)
Oh and if you can't find them at your grocery store, check Amazon.com or Alice.com!
What's your go-to quick & easy healthy snack?
Disclosure: We received Snikiddy products to review; no other compensation was provided… just snacking pleasure!
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.