One of my diaper bag “must haves” is hand sanitizer. I used to try and keep some in my car or purse, but now it has to be in the diaper bag! You just never know… some public bathrooms are pretty nasty or you might not anywhere near soap and water. We also keep hand sanitizer around the house: in the living room, the bathroom, and the nursery.
We wanted to help protect Rissa the best we could from germy hands, so when she was a newborn, no one could touch her or hold her unless they washed and/or sanitized their hands. As it is, I like to alternate hand washing with sanitizer if my hands aren’t visibly dirty to dry and avoid drying my skin out too much. The problem was, Rissa wanted to suck on my finger all the time if she wasn’t nursing. I didn’t like the idea of her sucking sanitizer off! If only I knew about Prefense before – I would have been less worried.
Here is some important points about Prefense that they’d like me to share with you:
- No alcohol! Prefense is made of all-natural organic ingredients and has absolutely NO alcohol in it!
- Our technology protects you for 24 hours or 10 hand washings! This is what moms really love to hear about!
- Prefense is non-toxic and safe for kids! It will not hurt you if swallowed!
- Prefense is silica based which means it doesn’t dry out your hands like traditional alcohol sanitizers. It actually smoothes and softens your hands. You can totally see this when you apply it!
- Prefense protects against staph, strep, E.coli, drug resistant MRSA strains, and more. We fight germs that other hand sanitizers can’t.
- Because “one spray lasts all day” our 1.5 oz Prefense Botanicals Hand Sanitizer offers 120 applications, costing only $.08 per day, compared to $1.20 per day with alcohol hand sanitizers.
Prefense really does feel nice on my hands compared to other sanitizers. It foams up and absorbs quickly and smoothly. I’m not left feeling sticky or dried out. I received the 1.5 oz bottle, which is absolutely perfect for the diaper bag! I like that its protection doesn’t wash away and continues to provide protection throughout the day. Of course, I can’t evaluate how well it killed germs because I don’t have a way to test this.
If you are a more visual person, the picture below makes it easier to compare Prefense with regular hand sanitizers:
** FTC Disclosure: I received the product(s) mentioned above free of charge by the company or PR representative in order to conduct an honest review. I was not compensated in any other way for this post. The thoughts, experiences, and opinions included are entirely my own and may differ from that of others. I am not liable for any issues you may incur from use of said product(s).