Do you or your friends have food allergies? This easy gluten-free granola recipe makes an excellent homemade gift!
This year, as Kindergarten is wrapping up for my oldest daughter, I was trying to find something she could help make for end of the year teacher gifts.
How can we say thank you?
How can we add a personal touch so they know that we care and appreciate all their hard work and how amazing they are?
They are her teachers after all and I think she should have a hand in saying thank you too.
Easy Gluten-Free Granola Recipe Gift Idea
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you purchase something through one of our links.
Recently, we started making our own homemade granola that the whole family has been gobbling up. We’ve been using it on yogurt, as a cold cereal or to snack on by the handful. It is easy and quick to make and both of my kids, 6 and 3, enjoy helping to measure, dump and stir the ingredients. It’s an easy, fairly inexpensive and quick homemade recipe. We even easily adapted it to our own allergy-friendly needs.
We made the granola this weekend, let it cool and poured it into mason jars and tied it with twine and a blank gift tag that I quickly decorated with paint markers. I found the mason jars, twine, tags and markers at a local craft store for less than $10. We made two of these, one for her teacher and one for the teacher’s assistant.
Easy Gluten-free Granola
This recipe takes about 45 minutes from the start of prep to the end of baking.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, almonds, pecans, coconut sugar and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, oil and vanilla.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture until it is completely coated.
- Spread thin layer onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove to stir, then bake 15 more minutes. Stir as it cools a few more times to prevent clumping.
- Makes approximately 4 cups.
Use it for a delicious homemade trail mix, a quick snack, or a topping for yogurt or ice cream.
Mason Jar Gift
- 2 16 oz mason jars
- 2 2’ pieces of twine
- 2 blank gift tags
- Paint markers
- Fill mason jar with homemade gluten-free granola.
- Decorate gift tags. You can list ingredients or tips on how to use the granola on the back of the tag.
- Use twine to attach tags to gift tags.
- Gift this delicious treat to teachers, friends, and family!
We hope you enjoy this easy gluten-free granola recipe and have fun giving out this cute and easy homemade gift. It’s perfect to give out for the holidays or any occasion throughout the year.
More gluten-free recipes:
Get weekly sanity saving parenting tips, recipes, and kids activities.