Darcy Recommends: Group Therapy to Extended Nursing
Another week has come and gone entirely too fast, but I have five posts to share with you from around the blogosphere. I started this with sharing 10 posts, but I want you to have time to read all these so I made an executive decision to reduce it to five.
Darcy Recommends 5 Posts to Read.
- Ever wonder about the impact of mom blogs on their children? Do you joke about your kids needing therapy in the future? Here is a humorous yet thought provoking fiction piece depicting an adult children of mom bloggers support group. They don’t seem overly damaged, more sullen and competitive if you ask me.
- You know I’m partial to rock and metal music so it’s no surprise I enjoyed reading one dad’s parenting tips learned from 80s hair metal. It was a fun read and has given me an idea for a future blog post. (No I won’t be using pop songs…)
- Once again Mama Kat is making an appearance on my list. Her post about post traumatic toddler disorder recovery gives me hope for my future. Some of the small things that cause melt downs around here baffle me. I don’t think I’ll ever be the same.
- Going from zero kids to one, then one to two has been an adventure. I’m not sure I can imagine four, though I’m thinking about (and considering) a third. But if you want others to sympathize with your motherhood challenges then you should read why everyone (except me) should have at least four kids.
- During a time where I’m working through the blessings and challenges of nursing a toddler and a newborn, it was great to read another mother’s perspective on extended breastfeeding. Since Rissa turned 2 years old, I get random but uncomfortable questions about our continued nursing relationship. Well, I’m going to start saying, “blogs, darcy recommends