Brighten Your Smile! Reach & Rembrandt Review
Summer is coming up and while most people start thinking about how they’ll look in a bathing suit, how many of us are thinking about our smile? Well, Reach and Rembrandt want to help brighten your smile safely. I received the opportunity to try out some new products (and we know I’m no stranger to reviewing dental hygiene products!)
Interesting side note, Rissa seems fascinated when I brush my teeth in front of her.
Here’s what I received:
- Reach Designer toothbrush (gave to hubby to use)
- Reach Total Care + Whitening Toothbrush
- Rembrandt Deeply White + Peroxide Toothpaste
- Rembrandt Deeply White + Peroxide Mouthwash
- Reach Total Care Floss with Listerine Flavors (and micro-grooves)
I tried to take pictures of my teeth before and then a few weeks after… but it’s hard to tell and the close ups aren’t very flattering anyway!
So I’ll let them explain all the fancy stuff about how these are supposed to work for you:
The REMBRANDT® Collection:
INTRODUCING REMBRANDT® Deeply White™
The ultimate teeth whitening product portfolio uniquely formulated to whiten teeth above and below the surface.
· Provides superior whitening to gently polish away surface stains and also safely whiten below the enamel to help remove deep stains where they start
· Daily-use, deep whitening formula is expertly designed to whiten deeply and contains fluoride to actively restore and strengthen enamel
REMBRANDT® Deeply White™ + Peroxide Toothpaste, $6.99 – 7.99
· The first and only all-in-one fluoride toothpaste with Active Dental Peroxide – the same enamel safe ingredient cosmetic dentists use
REMBRANDT® Deeply White™ + Peroxide Mouthwash, $6.99 – 7.99
· The first whitening mouthwash that deeply whitens while it restores and strengthens enamel
REACH® Total Care + Whitening
- Purposefully designed to whiten teeth and remove stains
- The only toothbrush delivering whitening power with MICRAWHITENING™ Calcium Carbonate bristles
- Unique touchpoint grip for advanced control
- Slim, precision grip handle
I gave Brian the designer brush since I figured I should keep all the whiteners together. I like the brush. I like how it feels on my gums. It feels a bit wide in my mouth, but it worked well to massage my gums while I brushed my teeth. The back of the head has a comfortable scraper for cheeks and tongue. The toothpaste has a mild minty flavor and really suds up. The first few times I used it, I felt a bit of a sting (much like when using popular mouthwashes). I also noticed that my gum line had some white spots, but those would go away. I also noticed this after using the mouthwash. After a few days, those spots/lines didn’t happen anymore. I’m guessing it had to do with the deep whitening.
The mouthwash has a mild mint flavor, but really feels bubbly and tingly as I swished it around. I honestly wasn’t very good at using the mouthwash consistently. It comes with a regular twist cap, not one that could be used as a cup dispenser. We don’t keep cups in the bathroom, so I found this inconvenient. I didn’t like just trying to pour it in my mouth either. I don’t recommend that!
I really, really liked the floss though! I still don’t floss as often as I should, but I like this stuff! It’s smooth and glides nicely. I had minimal discomfort, which is what turns me away from flossing. I could taste the Listerine flavors, but it was mild. It was kind of nice thinking I was really getting it between my teeth! It felt a bit waxy/sticky on my fingers, but it was comfortable to wrap.
I can’t say I notice a big difference in the color of my teeth, but it does seem to be a little brighter. I am a former smoker, so there’s definitely tough staining from that! If you are more consistent than I was in using everything together, you might see better/quicker results than I did. While it all felt great on my mouth and seems to be lightening up (especially on my front teeth), it didn’t fight bad breath long term for me. I felt the need to freshen up after meals (which makes sense, just sayin’).
** FTC Disclosure: I received the product(s) mentioned above free of charge by the company or PR representative in order to conduct an honest review. I was not compensated in any other way for this post. The thoughts, experiences, and opinions included are entirely my own and may differ from that of others. I am not liable for any issues you may incur from use of said product(s). Images used are owned by me or provided with the company’s permission unless otherwise sourced. See full disclosure information. If you have any questions you can contact me or leave a comment.Tags: dental hygiene, floss, oral care, reach, rembrandt, toothbrush, toothpaste